Need new skills and a new credential quickly? The four-course, 12-credit certificate in Organizational Leadership and Communication is for you.
This certificate brings you key qualities from our bachelor’s program coursework. Completing this certificate can give you a standalone credential or be your first step in pursuing your Organizational Leadership and Communication degree. Take as many or as few credits as you want. Enroll now and you could complete your certificate in as little as two eight-week terms!
This online certificate is a great choice if:
- You have at least 30 credits from an accredited college or university
- You have a bachelor’s degree but want an up-to-date credential
- You’d like to sample the curriculum before committing to a two-year bachelor’s degree completion program
Required Courses (12 Credits Total)
All courses are 3 credits each
Once you have completed PSAS 300, you may take the remaining required courses in any order you wish, depending on availability.
Next, choose one course (3 credits) from the following:
Finally, choose two classes (6 credits) from the following options:
CJ 390 (if not already taken)
CJ 391 (if not already taken)
CJ 392 (if not already taken)
PSB 321 – Business Communication for Today’s Workforce
PSB 350 – Principles of Management and Leadership
PSB 360 – Marketing and Selling Your Ideas
PSB 370 – Human Resource and Legal Issues in the Workplace
PSB 380 – Accounting for the Workplace
Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirement
To receive the OLC certificate, students must earn a grade of C+ or higher for each course and a minimum GPA of 2.5 across all certificate coursework.
How to Apply to the Certificate Program
Prior to starting the program, applicants must have earned at least 30 credits from an accredited college or university.
- Contact Dr. Kate Lang (academic director) to review your eligibility for the program. You do NOT need official transcripts (copies are fine) and there is no application fee. Dr. Lang can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-4765.
- Once Dr. Lang has approved your eligibility to pursue the certificate and advised you on the courses you should take, apply to the program at: https://apply.wisconsin.edu/. Follow these instructions:
- After logging in, select “UW-Eau Claire” from the drop-down menu
- Answer the questions as prompted
- At the “Reason for Applying” screen, select “Special student at the undergraduate level”
- At the “Applying As” screen, select “Undergraduate Special Student—Continuing Education”
- At the “Campus-Specific/Personal Information” page, complete the information to the best of your ability. Some of this information is optional.
- Submit your application
- After submitting your application, contact Phil Huelsbeck at email@example.com so he can confirm receipt of your application and request that your $100 deposit be waived.
- You will receive registration instructions through email and at your physical mailing address.
Please contact Academic Director Dr. Kate Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-4765.