Transferring Credits

Wondering how your existing credits might transfer to the Bachelor of Professional Studies in Organizational Leadership and Communication? Call Dr. Kate Lang at 715-836-4765 or send an email to

How Credit is Awarded

Credit is awarded for college-level coursework completed at institutions accredited by a regional or national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). (Foreign institutions must be recognized by the Ministry of Education in that country.) Courses must be similar in nature, level, and content to a course in our undergraduate curriculum and applicable to one of our academic programs. Continuing education courses, graduate-level courses, and courses that are remedial, technical, vocational, or doctrinal in nature are not transferable.

Courses completed at other colleges or universities that have descriptions closely matching the descriptions of courses taught at UW-Eau Claire will generally transfer as direct course equivalents.

If you have completed coursework at a University of Wisconsin or Wisconsin Technical College System campus, you can use the UW-Eau Claire Transfer Wizard to evaluate how your credits might transfer to UW-Eau Claire.

Once you have been admitted as a transfer student and confirm your intention to enroll, UW-Eau Claire will conduct a complete credit evaluation.